Wednesday 1 June 2011

Half Price Soy!


As I mentioned in my last entry, I try to wait for them to reduce the price on my favourite products at the SuperStore.  Today, I hit a great day!!! 

These are foods we use, every day in our home. I don't use coupons or deals for products we don't use, even if they are free or a great deal, so everything you will see is products we use in our home. 

Today I got:
5x 946ml Organic So Nice Original
10x 946ml Soy Dream Vanilla
2x 946ml Soy Dream Original
2x Veggie Patch Chick'n Nuggets
(my treat because they aren't gluten free, so not safe for my son)
3x 1lb Low Fat Herb Tofu
1x 1lb Sunrise Tofu
1x Spectrum Vegan Mayo

Retail Total: $62.00.  Paid: $31.38

This was all with the "pink sticker" 50% off system that the SuperStore uses when products approach their sell by date.  All of the Soy drinks were dated for June 17.... 16 days away!  I have tried and discovered they are good months past that date, however, today I only got 17 cartons ($1.15 or $1.25 (my max I will pay for a litre of soy milk)) and that is only 8-10 days of soy milk for our family!!  The 3 Herb Tofu & the veggie nuggets went straight to the freezer (frozen tofu has a firmer texture).  The Sunrise tofu popped into the blender tonight and became the cream for our corn chowder supper!



No comments:

Post a Comment